This is luxuriously soft, subtly almond-y and studded with rich dark chocolate chunks. I think it would suit a strong velvety latte, on a sunny but brisk autumn morning, setting the world to rights or reading the paper at a pavement table.
1. Butter a 28cm tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix 150g butter with 1/4tsp salt until soft. Cream in 100g sugar, then add 5 egg yolks and mix well.
3. Chop 150g dark chocolate, and add to the mix, along with 150g ground almonds.
4. Add in 100g flour and 1 tsp baking powder.
5. Beat 5 egg whites until stiff, then beat in 100g sugar to produce a shiny mixture.
6. Mix egg whites into other mix.
7. Bake at 180C for 50 minutes - done when a knife comes out clean.
(Recipe from 'Chocology', a leafet produced by some Swiss chocolate board or similar - sorry I can't give a proper reference; I found it at my parents' house and don't have to hand!)